Our Values & Beliefs
City of God exists to glorify God by making disciples who love Jesus, love people, and advance the gospel.
Our Core Values are Gospel-Compelled Worship, Gospel-Centered Community, Gospel-Conforming Discipleship, and Gospel-Cultivating Mission.
Statement of Faith
City of God has adopted the Confessional Statement of the Gospel Coalition as our Statement of Faith.
As a member of Acts 29, we hold to the five theological distinctive of all network churches. Those are:
- We are passionate about gospel centrality.
- We enthusiastically embrace the sovereignty of God in saving sinners.
- We recognize and rest upon the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit for all of life and ministry.
- We are deeply committed to the spiritual and moral equality of males and females and to men as responsible servant-leaders in both home and church.
- We embrace a missionary understanding of the local church and its role as the primary means by which God chooses to establish his kingdom on earth.
Click the link above to learn more about each of these beliefs.
Baptist Faith & message
As a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, we affirm and uphold the Baptist Faith and Message as one of our foundational documents.
You can read a copy of the bylaws of the City of God Church here.
You can read what City of God believes about baptism here.